16.5.12

He took my heart away

Last time I was in India (2 months ago), very interesting thing happened with me.
I was going to Gurgaon by Metro, to a big (supposedly) Art event.
But all these new institutes are hard to find thesedays, til Metro you're not lost. But then, how do you think the Auto-ricksha walas know where is AL 133- 4c block for example, it's all new in Gurgaon.
Anyway, I was very motivated to go there, all alone and I got down from Metro in Gurgaon and took an auto. Ofcourse I bargained, there are too many, so you can easily do that. One young thin, well- looking Auto wala agreed to take me to this wierd address in the price I wanted to pay him for.
Some music in his rickshaw, bollywood posters and decorated, full of energy!

We reached the place, the ART gallery. Now ? It was already dark, everyone there had a driver waiting for them outside in their cars, in the middle of nowhere.
I was the odd one. So just to make sure that, that night I reached back home, on time, not too late. I asked him if he could wait 20 minutes in that area, especially if he sees no other client ? As I told you, there were only cars and the good proper crowd, not even foot-pathers around.

I was so lucky, he said," I need to get Gas refilled in my Auto, it will also take 20-30 minutes." He even added that I could call him, when I'm free, so that he could be at my service. (As you know Auto-wallas have friends everywhere, can talk hours with just anyone, kill time.) Just to make sure I don't have to wait for him, I could call him, call-a-cab kinds. So I took his mobile number (all in english)
I realised at that very moment, I had NO BALANCE in my mobile, oh shit!! I laughed at me and frankly told him, "oh I have no balance! How will I call you? Could you call me instead,... after 20-25 minutes, or when you're done?.." He smiled, it was an odd situation for both of us. We almost laughed.
Like as if we were dating !!
I expalined to him clearly," please come or send another Rickshaw as there were NO rickshaws around that deserted place" . There were very less chances of me meeting someone nice at the party, and leaving the party at the same time as me...People generally come at that time, when I wanted to leave... anyway, the Rickshaw ride was getting more adventurous than any other thing!
He said ok he'd call me and he left....with the wind.
So I was seeing the exhibition, walking around, some camera flashes, wine and hellos. I was watching time at the same time, already 20 minutes. Good. we're on time. I even met one of my X- professors from art College, then I made a quick move saying,... "was nice meeting, I need to go" . Coz ??  I GOT HIS CALL.
Yes, he called me, as I had'nt saved the number, I picked up and he was like- "ya, it's me, I'm waiting outside" ... HILARIOUS ! If anyone knew of what was going in my head during that Inauguration !!! 2 different worlds... was sooo funny. As if I was more excited to leave, than be there for some more time, drinking wine, snacks, meeting more not-so-smiling people, or smiling only for Cameras, amidst elite class, paparazzi and bad art.
Anyway, so I go out from there, looking after my charming prince waiting, lol kidding! I need to face this moment. We smiled at each other...Without talking, I get on in his Rickshaw.
We didn't talk / the price was already fixed, he would not even ask me where or what I was doing 'there', I would not ask him- is gas re-filled? ...
what would we talk about ? But we had built a connection.
I was happy that I got back at time, at Gurgaon metro...I didn't have to endlessly wait for a Rickshaw. He drove very fast, we both seemed happy, I think by our mutual understanding. I wanted to say so much to him, ask about him, why he was such a nice guy, honest and innocent.
But, I was so much in a surprise that I could not utter a word. He could my mind though and read my face.
While leaving, I paid and smiled-laughed mixed up and said 'thanks' Shukriya... !

His kindness, honesty, obedience made my day and saved my life.
Imagine 8.30 PM, alone girl, it's all dark, with NO balance in her phone and no rescue Rickshaw ??
Thank gracious, there are days like these, we meet such nice people unexpectedly and leave a souvenir. I felt blessed !



No comments: